Health, Security, Safety, Environment and Social Performance Policy of Shell & AMG Recycling BV
(Rev. March 2020a)
Shell & AMG Recycling BV (“Company”) undertakes to implement the following Health, Security, Safety, Environment and Social Performance (“HSSE‐SP”) Policy:
Company is committed to:
- Protect people and the environment;
- Use material and energy efficiently to provide our products and services;
- Respect our neighbours and contribute to the societies in which we operate;
- Develop products and services consistent with these commitments;
- Publicly report on our safety, environmental and sustainability performance;
- Play a leading role in promoting best practice in our industries;
- Manage HSSE‐SP matters as any other critical business activity; and
- Promote a culture in which all persons seconded, providing services or representing the Company, including any subsequently created affiliated companies, and including members of Company’s management committee or board of directors share this commitment.
In this way we aim to have an HSSE‐SP performance we can be proud of, to earn the confidence of customers, shareholders and society at large, to be a good neighbour and to contribute to sustainable development.
Company adopts the following policies, including where Company will establish a business controlled by the Company, that these policies will be imposed on the newly established business, or if the business is not controlled by the Company, standards similar to the standards determined in this policy are required to be adopted.
The Company directs its Senior Managers appointed by the Board to serve as or appoint an HSSE‐SP Focal Point to address these issues and assure they are implemented in an effective manner.
- Have a systematic approach to HSSE‐SP management designed to ensure compliance with the law, and to minimize risk including potential long‐term liabilities, through the use and implementation of “Gold Standard” policies noted at the following address:
- Achieve continuous improvements by setting targets for improvement and measure, appraise and report performance;
- Require contractors on Company projects to manage HSSE‐SP in line with this policy;
- Engage effectively with neighbours and impacted communities; and
- Include HSSE‐SP performance in the appraisal of staff and rewards accordingly.
3. Aspiration and Life Saving Rules
Company adopts the aspiration of no harm to people and the environment
Company adopts the following Life Saving Rules:
- Work with a valid work permit when required
- Conduct gas tests when required
- Verify isolation before work begins and use the specified life protecting equipment
- Obtain authorisation before entering a confined space
- Obtain authorisation before overriding or disabling safety critical equipment
- Protect yourself against a fall when working at height
- Do not walk under a suspended load
- Do not smoke outside designated smoking areas
- No alcohol or drugs while working or driving
- While driving, do not use your phone and do not exceed speed limits
- Wear your seat belt
- Follow prescribed Journey Management Plan
A Journey Management Plan will be further defined, but is generally a plan in the case where driver fatigue is likely (generally more than 4.5 hours) or in locales that are assessed as high risk for security or safety. It generally requires a plan for what route to take, when to rest and what special considerations should be accounted for during the journey.